DIGGING DOWN DEEP
3Ds is a programme made on purpose for those who have to meet fitness standards where stamina, teamwork, goal achievement and anticipation are more than ever involved. To put it in a nut shell our Digging Down Deep programme is suitable for CCF.
3Ds is a 3-week programme taking place in mountainous areas from May to September, in France. A winter version does exit for those who want to dare more. The final six days are composed of 122 kilometres hike to cover with more than 6000m to climb up and more than 5000m to climb down. And 41.5 kilometres canoeing on lake and river. This adds up to the distance covered during the first two weeks. You will experience cannyoning, via ferrata, a tamden paragliding to complete your daily tasks while being on your own or in charge of a team to bring safely from one place to another place.
A 3-week programme (20-day training) designed to learn about yourself and in this process to:
- develop confidence & communicative competence
- build the skills necessary to function under pressure
- develop willpower & the temperament for decisive action
- develop personal, inter-personal & personal-presentation skills
- develop sound leadership & motivational skills
On course completion, participants would be expected to have achieved a high standard of self-discipline and organisational skills, and be able to:
- demonstrate effective map-reading skills
- demonstrate effective compass use skills
- plot navigation and foresee supply points
- express and defend considered opinions
- demonstrate effective leadership skills
- handle the unexpected with authority
- set out training methods and resources
- launch a Search And Rescue party
- make decisions as a team leader
- perform on your own
Whatever the weather conditions and the natural environment you have to go through, you have to complete the tasks, day and night.
With this programme you really learn and need to dig down deep to complete. And expand the limits.